- Should there be a mask requirement for children going back to schools in the fall?
The CDC defines direct contact as less than 6 feet apart for more than 6 minutes. If children are able to avoid direct contact (stay more than 6 feet apart throughout the day) why should they wear a mask?
- Do you believe that the State and your district returned students to their classrooms: Too Early, At the right time, or Not quickly enough? (pick one).
Not quickly enough.
- Districts are one potential charter school authorizer in the State of New Mexico. Could you offer a brief sentence or two regarding your feelings on charter schools and your support/opposition in your district?
When we rank 50th in the nation, all options should be considered. Why would we oppose any form of education that would improve educational outcomes?
- What kind of accountability tools do you believe should be implemented at the district level to improve student outcomes? How would you work within your school board to improve student outcomes?
Student assessments, staff, parent, and student feedback, etc. All these tools should be used to make adjustments and to guide continual quality improvement.
- If it does not already do so, would you support creating an online transparency portal to include annual budget information, employee salaries, administrator contracts, and other public records?
- In your view, is Critical Race Theory, particularly the oppressor/oppressed dynamics it teaches, appropriate for middle and high school classrooms?
It is never appropriate to teach children that they are oppressed or oppressors based on the color of their skin.