Skip to the content
- Should there be a mask requirement for children going back to schools in the fall?
- Answer: No. We have seen that masks do not work and that a child wearing them
can develop serious illnesses from wearing them for very long periods throughout
the day. They should have the choice – it should not be mandated.
- Do you believe that the State and your district returned students to their classrooms: Too Early, At the right time, or Not quickly enough? (pick one).
- Answer: Not quickly enough.
- Districts are one potential charter school authorizer in the State of New Mexico. Could you offer a brief sentence or two regarding your feelings on charter schools and your support/opposition in your district?
- Answer: I wholeheartedly support charter schools. Part of the reason charter schools should exist, is to give choice to parents/students, and competition for the Districts.
- What kind of accountability tools do you believe should be implemented at the district level to improve student outcomes? How would you work within your school board to improve student outcomes?
- Answer: The Board of Education (APS School Board) is not being held accountable
and should be making policy to cause each district to become more competitive.
Why is there no policy that holds the Superintendent accountable to make sure
that each district is steadily improving in reading and writing. The Board should
be holding him/her accountable for improvements.
- Are you in favor of splitting APS into smaller districts in order to encourage more local participation?
- If it does not already do so, would you support creating an online transparency portal to include annual budget information, employee salaries, administrator contracts, and other public records?
- In your view, is Critical Race Theory, particularly the
oppressor/oppressed dynamics it teaches, appropriate
for middle and high school classrooms?